[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #384

>> Hi we have problem with the tape sticking to my 6
>> year old son and are losing many sites because of this.
>> We use the soft set micros from Mini med.

I was never able to get the softsets to stick well on my son. I know some
IPers have had success with mastisol. I agree, it works, but it makes my son
get a bad rash after much use. The new Minimed Quicksets stick on my son
much better, because they have a cloth tape. They'll even stay on thru
swimming. I like them pretty well, but I *really* like the new Disetronic
Ultraflex. Much nicer profile and disconnect in my opinion, and it sticks
great too! I am willing to live without the inserter. You should be able to
call both companies and get samples to see what you prefer. YMMV.

Susan
Mom to Ryan (four and pumping since 8/17/00)