[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #384

>> Hi we have problem with the tape sticking to my 6
>> year old son and are losing many sites because of this.
>> We use the soft set micros from Mini med.

I was never able to get the softsets to stick well on my son. I know some
IPers have had success with mastisol. I agree, it works, but it makes my son
get a bad rash after much use. The new Minimed Quicksets stick on my son
much better, because they have a cloth tape. They'll even stay on thru
swimming. I like them pretty well, but I *really* like the new Disetronic
Ultraflex. Much nicer profile and disconnect in my opinion, and it sticks
great too! I am willing to live without the inserter. You should be able to
call both companies and get samples to see what you prefer. YMMV.

Mom to Ryan (four and pumping since 8/17/00)