Re: [IP] A reason for being greatful for the pump...

In a message dated 8/23/2001 6:42:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I feel  really great full for the pump as I have more flexibility, one
> problem
> that I have is that my spouse is not really supportive of my db, she feels
> that
> since I have it , she does not want to revolve her life arround my db
> problems. as
> a result, I have had fairly bad controll, since she does not want to eat
> dinner
> till between 930 and sometimes as late as 11. which means I sleep on it,
> get fat
> and have high bs. also, does not like to cook. So one remedy is that before
> leave work, I have a "substancial snack, whic fills e up (would guess 30-40
> carbs)
> then I eat light when I get home, some times not at all, and as a result,
> can take
> insulin as needed
> David R

I can also relate to you story. I am not on any special diet or time
schedule. I basically eat when I feel like it. The pump gives me the freedom
to do this and I love it. It makes you feel normal!

Heather W.