Re: [IP] Re: Shopping at Amazon?

On 23 Aug 2001, at 10:18, Sam wrote:

>  >Please , people, check out the IP website under
>  >the books Icon.  these books are listed there,
>  > and are sold through Amazon.com.  When you
>  > buy from our website, we get a rebate a the end
>  > of the month that partially helps us maintain this site.

>  >Do you offer discounts like Amazon does.  I was able
>  >to get the "Pumping Insulin" book for only $16.75 from
>  >Amazon.  Other places I checked were charging $19.99.
>  >I am on a tight budget and every penny counts.  If I
>  >can find an item cheaper from the IP website then yes,
>  >I definately will order from here.

> When you order through the IP website, you ARE ordering from Amazon
> with the same prices that they normally offer. The only difference is
> that we get a small percentage of the sales price to help us run this
> list.     > Sam

Current price through the www.insulin-pumpers.org link is $16.76
so you would pay 1 cent more than the bargain you found.  But
going to Amazon directly they show that same price, $16.76, so
why not buy from Amazon through the IP link?  Someone told me
that all transactions that originate through the IP link would bring
our website a commission.  Whenever you go shopping at
Amazon, why not go through the IP link?