Re: [IP] 508 leather case

> Hi Richard, I have had major problems with my new MM508 pump and
> ESD.  They are sending me a third new pump, which should arrive
> tomorrow.  They can't figure out why I'm having so much trouble
> being in the humid midwest, and following all their directions.
> My waterbed does have a heater in it, but it's summer so it's turned
> down.  It is in the middle of a king size bed and I sleep on one
> side.
> There is a clock in the headboard of the bed and a small light on
> the nightstand beside the bed.  That would be all the things with
> current in the bed area.
> Dryer sheets do seem to help static in clothing, so I would guess
> they work in my area.  But it is summer and there isn't much static
> around this time of year. I don't get "shocks" from touching things
> in my house in the summer.  That makes we worry what will happen in
> the winter.
> 1-Have you had trouble with your pump that could be ESD problems?
> YES 2-Under what contitions? During sleep in a waterbed.  I have had
> two blank outs in 6 weeks of pumping.

Several things can cause static problem with bedding.
1) The plastic that the waterbed bag is made out of.
2) The blankets -- synthetics or wool
3) percale sheets

All of the above will easily generate static that can disrupt any
sensitive electronic device.

Suggestions: use flannel cotton sheets. When you wash sheets and
blankets include some of the no-static thingys in the dryer. Try to
find some woven cotten blankets. We have several at home and the look
kind of like overgrown baby blankets -- the knitted kind. If you hid
your synthetic blankeys between a cotton flannel sheet and a knitted
cotton blanket it will probably suppress the static generation of the
synthetic blankets.

Dunno about the waterbed itself. The flannel sheet may be enough.

Just some ideas, not sure if they will work.