Re: [IP] 508 static

Well, I call MM again today and asked if there was anything else I could do
about my static problem with the waterbed, since I already use the case they
send you and the dryer sheet inside it.  They were aware that I already had my
second pump within six weeks.  I got a nice fellow in the help department, who
said he would check with some senior types and call me back.  A couple hours
later he called back and said that they wanted to send me a third new pump.
Apparently now they want to be sure it's not a problem with  a whole batch of
pumps.  My first one and my second one only had serial numbers of 8 different.
So, I picked a new color thinking that might make sure it was a different batch.

I have to say, I don't know what more MM could have done for me.  They certainly
seem to be trying to get to the bottom of the problem.  Hopefully they will come
up with something.  They seemed to be stumped over this, claiming that most
static problems are in the winter when the heat is on.  In the humid midwest, in
the special case with the dryer sheet, they don't know what to make of it.

 I'll write again if it happens with pump #3.

Judi in MI
See my pictures at
updated 8/22/01