[IP] Glucophage and the insulin pump

I will be taking my first dose of glucophage tonight at dinner.  My insulin requirements have been going up and up and at the present time I am taking over 100units per day...also I'm putting on weight because of it.  Glucophage doesn't actually lower your bs, it works somehow through your liver to make your body more sensitive to insulin.  The other pills that work the same way are avandia, actos, precose but my endo said every patient he has put on those gains weight.  Glucophage doesn't have the problem...in fact he mostly sees a little weight loss with it.  I am a type 1 for the past 15 years..I'm hoping this will work out for me.  Good luck.

pump 7/00
type 1

iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life