[IP] Electrostatic Discharge(ESD) in MiniMed Pumps, Others

To All,
I wish we could do something collectively about ESD and the MiniMed pumps. I
talked to a supervisior one Sat( ages ago-ten years, with my first pump-506)
when he came to check on some enviromental tests. By chance I got him on the
phone. At the time his view was that the pump case would reduce or elimate any
ESD. It sounds as though the same line is the same now.

I wonder if we could get more information on the latch up of the chips .etc,
What ESD, EMI, EMC are required from FDA. I know there are Prof organizationf
that have and on going renewal ESD test, etc. such as ESD Society, IEEE EMC
that would be helpful
to companies like MiniMed to improve designs.

Much of what is asked may have already ask and answered but I didn't keep, but

1-Have you had trouble with your pump that could be ESD problems?
2-Under what contitions?
3-Was your pump off, how long?
4-What did you do to get your pump on line again?
5-Was your pump covered?
6-Have you talked to the pump vendor?

I am motivated since will happen to my pump next!
Are you interested in some group about the Pump Vendors?

Take Care

Richard Haynes