Re: [IP] square wave and dual wave boluses

In a message dated 8/22/2001 10:52:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>        I never used either.  I've been on the pump for almost two yrs.  I
> have model 507c.  Can anyone tell me what are they used for exactly?

I have only used the dual wave bolus before. The way I understand it is if
you know you are going to eat something that makes your sugar go up say 2
hrs. after you eat you can give yourself an extra dose of insulin to cover
that. You can program the time into the pump. It is basically the same thing
as correcting a high but the pump is already programmed to give you that
extra doasage. I tried this after eating rising crust pizza. That always
makes my sugar go up a couple of hrs. after so I used this dual wave and it
worked. My dr. just told me to experiment until I got the hang of things and
to keep track of which foods make your sugar go up and then when you eat them
again you'll know what to do. Hope this is helpful.
Heather W.