Re: [IP] square wave and dual wave boluses

The square wave bolus delivers insulin over an
extended period of time (both insulin and time defined
by you). The dual wave bolus is a "two-in-one"-type
bolus: it delivers a bolus of insulin immediately,
then switches to a square wave bolus.

I've used both successfully, although it has taken
some experimentation. I use the square wave bolus
virtually every night before I go to bed (particularly
if I have a large dinner, or a relatively high fat
meal, such as pizza). The amount of insulin and
duration depends, of course, on exercise, food eaten,

With the Minimed 507C, you need to "activate" the
ability to use square and dual wave boluses by going
to the "Setup II" menu.

Hope that helps, and good luck with the pump.

Brad MacDonald
email @ redacted