[IP] Re:Pizza

At 10:36 PM 8/22/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>tried pizza once since starting teh puimp and
>was 600+ for a day!  baffels me how even noon-diabetics wat this
>tsuff but would like to learn.  No carb book tells how to est the
>carbs in these two foods as it seems they are prepared as little
>differnt each time.

We finally conquered pizza!  We go to a local family owned Italian
restuarant.  Anthony was just dying for pizza, it had not been one of our
successful foods.  This time we asked them to put half the amount of cheese
on it as normal.  Also went lighter (about half of normal) on the sausage
and heavier on the mushrooms.  He bolused for two slices using the square
wave bolus for two hours...35 carbs for each slice (12" pizza comprised of
8 slices).  Our problem is he usually wakes up the next morning with an
elevated bg.  This time he was 136, which is a success in our book!

No one complained and the pizza was great even without all that
cheese.  It's healthier for us anyway.  My husband has a heart condition
and has to watch his cholesterol.  I am also type 2, and on cholesterol
lowering medication.

Sue, type 2, dx 6-2000
mother of Anthony, 12, dx 9-22-95, pumping MM508 since 2-17-2000