Re: [IP] 508 static

"Handsfield, James H." wrote:
> Bob Burnett [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:
> > Try reporting pump problems by using this on-line tool:
> > http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/
> >
> FWIW, the number of glitches that we've seen here is probably within the
> QA/QC standards required by the FDA for marketing approval.  That's not to
> say that a glitch isn't highly significant to the person it happens to, but
> in the larger picture that the FDA is going to look at, it probably is not a
> significant problem that would result in any action by the FDA.

if static electricity stopped my pump from working and wiped out it's
memory i would certainly report it to the above FDA address as well as
the manufacturer and this list. this is a design flaw pure and simple,
and one that could be dangerous.

it has been noted that staic electricity can badly affect all
microcircuitry and chips, for instance that of a computer. but when is
the last time your computer went down because of static electricity? it
is only a problem when you take the case off and mess with the insides.
it is designed to not be a problem for the user.

writing to the above FDA address might not prompt them to action but the
day govt and large corporations cease to hear from consumers because it
would be "useless" will be a very bad day.

chris parsons
T1 84 HTRON Plus 99