[IP] How do you bolus for pasta?

As he sub line says:  How do you bolus for pasta?

Tried for the 2nd time in 27 yrs and I think I'll wait another 15
before trying this stunt again.  Both times I've tried to eat pasta
the bg goes over 500 and that's after a huge bolus.  Any ideas?  I
would never cook this type of food at home but it is difficult to
avoid this when away or when eating out 100% of the time.

Since starting the pump I've eaten potato & rice for the first time
in 27 years wihtout an extreme high.  Took about 9 months to learn
each of thses fods.  Questioin is as I sit here waiting for the bg to
drop back to normal i am not sure I want to try to get a handle on
pasta.  Would any of you go thru the extremem highs a dozen times to
learn just one food?  tried pizza once since starting teh puimp and
was 600+ for a day!  baffels me how even noon-diabetics wat this
tsuff but would like to learn.  No carb book tells how to est the
carbs in these two foods as it seems they are prepared as little
differnt each time.

another questoin.  IN canada food content packaging is optional.  Is
it mandaroty in any known country to include the dietary info on the
package?  Wondering as here in Canada the supermarkets more times
thannot place the price sticker over the carb listings.

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Nine months pumping thanks to the support of wonderful internet
friends & the http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ mailing list.  Please
donate NOW!

Insulin infusion pump as given me better control than I had achieved
in 27 years of MDI!  To date:  50% improvement in average bg's &
fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  1st & 2nd post-pump HeA1c = 5.1 &  7.0  (N = 4.3 - 5.8).