Re: [IP] Re: sport guard

----- Original Message -----
From: Sharon Brousseau <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 8:43 PM
Subject: [IP] Re: sport guard

> Minimed came out with a sports guard a while back so we can protect the
pump
> from getting wet or getting banged while playing sports. I have one but
> never used it-I will some day! There's no stupid questions, they are just
> questions that need answering!
>
> I had my pump for 2 years and never knew what the little rubber plug or
cap
> thing was that came with my soft-set infusion sets. Apparently they are to
> plug the pig tail end of the infusion set to prevent water from getting
in.
> After finding out, I never used that either.
>
> While we are on a roll, Does anybody ever use those little blue clips
> entitled "Infusion set tubing clamps" that are found in the disposable
power
> kit? LOL Sharon
>
> PS, I agree we all need to support one another! If we have a negative
> comment, please think it through before writing it. As diabetics, I feel
we
> sometimes get cut down by professionals and doctors that know it all, I
know
> it makes me skittish sometimes talking to a doctor. We are all equals, use
> suggestions not criticism!
>
> Sharon, the little plug that comes with the infusion set is designed to go
over the needle end to protect the needle but my minimed rep said no one
ever seems to use them. and the blue tubing clips are no longer used either,
it was apparently used in the past but is no longer deemed necessary. Thrown
them both away, gotta fill those landfills! Peace and love1
bret & Trane, kind of 'blue' MM508