Re: [IP] insulin resistance in a youngster with type 1 diabetes

> > Jared is insulin resistant. He has also become overweight since pumping.
> Significant increases (like up to 100% or more) in insulin needs
> (much of it due to hormone-induced increases in resistance levels)
> is not that uncommon in type one teens (according to what I've read
> and heard from other parents of teens) . . . I can understand the
> focus on reducing carbs because of the weight gain and increased
> resistance, but it seems to me that increasing his activity levels
> would be even more helpful in addressing those issues . . . I'm sure
> this is really frustrating for all of you!  Hang in there!

Insulin increases like this could also be caused by an unrecognized
low at night that cause a rebound and a high insulin demand to bring
it back down.. If you have not done night time profiles recently, it
is worth a check. Unlikely, but ya never know.