Re: [IP] personal attacks

At 02:19 PM 8/22/2001 Richard Haynes wrote:
 >"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"  Most of
 >the time the attacker needs more help than we can supply.

Unfortunately words can hurt. Many people who need help are often a bit
reticent to post in public in the first place. So allowing personal attacks
just inhibits the free-flow of information for those that really need it.

As far as the motivations of flamers are concerned, that's way beyond the
scope of this list.