Re: [IP] 24 hour urine

----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] 24 hour urine

> email @ redacted writes:
>
> Wanna know how many kitties is too many!!!!!!! (I have 8)
>
> Anyway, to get to the subject at hand, what are the criteria for
> deciding to do a 24 hour urine test? Not that I particularly want to do
> one, but if spot microalbumin is OK, and blood work for things like BUN
> and creatinine and protein are OK, is there any reason to do this test?
>
> Smiles,
>
>  ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c-
>
>  Natalie A. Sera, with all her ducks in a row!
>  Type Weird, pumping!
>  mailto:email @ redacted
>
>  ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c-._c- ._c- ._(` ._c- ._c-
>                               (
>                                0
>  Can YOU find the ugly duckling? (Hint: it ain't the pumperduck!)
>
> Natalie, the 24 hour urine test gives a better look at kidney function
than a regular urine test that show only microalbuminuria. i believe that
ADA, American Diabetes Association, recommends the test be done once a year
or maybe less frequently than that but it will give a better look at kidney
function which is best to start fighting as early as possible. You simply
collect urine for 24 hours and bring the whole amount to a lab.
bret & Trane, blue Minimed 508