Re: [IP] personal attacks

At 12:47 PM 8/22/2001 Karen Arena wrote:
 >Please keep in mind that when we post our thoughts and feelings, we are
 >making ourselves vulnerable.  We trust that our posts will be read (and
 >responded to) with respect and compassion.  It defeats the purpose to
 >criticize, even if the comments are meant in jest.  You may not always
 >agree with the writer's point of view, or you may feel that the writer
 >is simply wallowing in self pity.  There are ways to get your point
 >across or to help the other person without personally attacking them.

Thank you very much for your message. I would encourage everyone to read
our rules at http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/netiquette.shtml before posting
a message. We do not allow flaming (personal attacks) on this list. If we
see this happening, we will warn the offender privately. Continued abuse,
however, can lead to removal from the list.

Let's carefully consider other points of view and be tolerant of other
people. Remember everyone is different and what works for one person may
not work for someone else. If you are writing tongue-in-cheek, be sure to
clearly identify what you're doing, using "smiley faces" etc. Carefully
re-read what you write before you post... that's because, if it is even
remotely possible to misinterpret something, you can almost guarantee that
somebody will.

Following the netiquette rules is the only way that the open sharing of
information on this list can continue. As I've said many times before,
we're all in the same boat... let's row together.

Sam Skopp