> Hi,
> My doc says "we no longer use the urine test" is he wrong? Should I
> be using it? T

The urine test your doc is referring to was used to test for glucose
in your urine. This was before the days of blood test meters. The
urine test you are doing now is to test kidney function and detect
any damage they may have undergone due to diabetes (or anything
else). The 24 hour test is particularly sensitive to small changes in
the level of protein excretion and can detect changes that would not
be seen by spot checks.