Re: [IP] Gastroproesis

Richard:

You didn't mention whether you took any bolus for the food you ate.   If I
begin with a 100 and eat, I bolus one unit for every 15 grams of
carbohydrage.  So in  in my case I would have bolused 12 units during the
time you ate, as follows:

Two hamburger buns (60 carbs)   would take      4 units
one hot dog bun (30 carbs) would take           2 units
Four cupcakes would be approximately            6 units

If you ate without bolus and your blood glucose was up to 300, it could be
due to not bolusing for the food you ate.
Also, if you had any ketchup or sweet relish, I have found that these even
take about 1/2 unit.

In my particular case, and of course everyone is different, if I had not
bolused during the meal times and had a reading of 300 a 9:05 pm, it
normally would take about seven-ten units since whenever I am high it
takes a bit more to come down to normal.   So the 15 you took may have
been enough for you.

Richard Haynes <email @ redacted>
Sent by: email @ redacted
08/22/2001 10:18 AM