Pumps and discrete placement (was Re: [IP] MM Pump replacement- Shelly)

Ashley-
	(and anyone else concerned about pumps looking strange with their
"nice" clothes)  when i started pumping in Oct '99, my Disetronic rep (i
have an h-tron+) had an extra "bra pouch" that he gave me.  i never found
it useful to hang my pump from my bra (i tend to wear tighter fitting
shirts) however, i discovered that it was perfect to hang from my
underpants, as if it were a "pocket"  when i wear my dress clothes, if
it's visible at all, i looks as if i have something (like a pager or
wallet) in my pocket..  (even if the dress/skirt is pocketless!)  this
takes advantage of the fact that the htron is designed so that you don't
need to /see/ the pump to bolus, or set temp basals, but i believe that
even the MM 507C has an "audio bolus" feature that is similar.  the "bra
pouch" is available from disetronic online www.disetronicdirect.com (is
their online catalogue, i believe)...   i hope this helps!

-jess
and sky
dx '89
assimilated 10/99

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Ashley wrote:

> Hi Shelly,
>      I am glad your pump problem was addressed- that was pretty sick.  I
> was/am about to switch companies from Mini Med to someone else, I don't know
> who yet.  Only the 509's have upgrades to the new smaller pump coming out,
> and us with the 507c can't....which is complete BS.  Well, my local rep is
> sending me some thigh pouch and whatever to minimize the look of a "growth"
> on my small frame in dresses.    I tried one and it doesn't work.  I now
> have to not wear my pump almost daily because I need to wear dresses to
> work, and my A1C has gone up to an unacceptable level because of this.  In
> my opinion, a pump company that sells pumps for 5 grand should do everything
> to make the diabetic not feel so different from non diabetics, including
> having a huge growth or 3rd stomach-like object showing through a dress.
> I'm pissed and only hope that the customers that mini med loses because of
> this stupid upgrade issue (I have several friends who plan to leave MM
> because of the same issue) will help the existing customers.
> Ashley

---
Jessica Marder
(617) 513-2845