[IP] Separate Packaging

SNIP>>>>>Thomas <email @ redacted>
I am a employee at Maersk Medical in Denmark and am interested
in news about the daily life with diabetes and using an insulin pump
and infusion set.<<<<<SNIP

Hi Thomas,
You must be very proud of your company for all the help they have
provided diabetics with the tubing, reservoirs, and infusion sets.
The quality of the products shows a very high standard, I have
NEVER had a problem with your products.

However (you knew that had to come), many of us have site
problems, areas of our body that does not absorb insulin well
anymore after many years of poking needles and infusion sets into
it.   I can easily go through 3 infusion sets (the part with the
cannula on Silhouettes) getting a good site at changing time.
Therefore I have miles of unused tubing (43 inches a pk) in my
drawer.   Many of us begged MiniMed to give us unlimited
purchase of the cannulas, not just the 2-1 package now
available....  We can get a box with 10 Cannulas, and 5 tubing
sets.  That just isn't enough for some of us.

Do you have any suggestions of how we can persuade MM to sell
cannulas separately?  I would like a 4-1 ratio.   Since they are
already packaged separately, there should be no significant cost.
Many of us mailed our extra tubing to Mr. Neal of MiniMed but still
got a insignificant response.  I suspect there needs to be more of a
demand....we are thinking about sending our next load of useless
tubing to the insurance company so they will see what they are
having to pay for.

I am glad you are here and look forward to learning from you.   In
the meantime if you have ideas for us to get what we
want.....please let me know.