Re: [IP] College Entrance Exams

> In a message dated 8/21/01 7:22:31 PM !!!First Boot!!!,
> email @ redacted writes:
> << I know this is off the main subject of this list serv - but was
> hoping the
>  collective wisdom had some experience with what to do about the
>  SAT, ACT, PSAT, etc. and other major tests that high school
>  students have to take.  My daughter, Andrea, will be starting her
>  Junior year in high school this year and will be facing the major
>  college entrance tests.  I am wondering what arrangements
>  can/should be made for the just in case scenario - of her going low
>  during the test.  As these are timed tests - it could hurt her
>  greatly
>  go low.  I know students with other types of physical disabilities
>  can be given extra time to finish the tests, but this is more of an
>  "as needed basis"  -- any thoughts???

She just fills out the same forms as kids with disabilities and is
given extra time. There is no different procedure and I'd highly
recommend it "just in case". Lily did this for all her test (it is
also part of her 504 for school tests) and did not have to avail
herself of the extra time as she never had bg problems.
But.... ya never know!!