Re: [IP] Quick-Set - Unreasonalble Response

In a message dated 8/20/2001 8:52:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I had an alarm once that I didn't recognize and I
> called the MM 800 number. I mentioned in passing to
> the cust serv rep that I had been re-using my
> reservoirs. He said "Well, there's your problem". Of
> course, it had nothing to do with my problem, and I
> finally coerced him to admit that his theory was
> ludicrous and that he has to tell me to put in a new
> reservoir for liability reasons. He was very
> good-humored, and I agree with their general policy;
> not all folks are so well-educated about their
> diabetes. Better safe than sorry for some, but the IP
> list is more educated and concerned and we get to hear
> the real deal!
> Catherine

Have you ever had any problems with reusing the resevoirs? I reused one twice
before and I didn't know if I was aloud to do this or not. I asked my nurse
and she told me not to but I don't know what it will hurt. I never had any
problems with doing this. I think that is a way to make money for Minimed
telling you to hange the sets so much.
Heather W.