Re: [IP] hospital stay/c-section

In a message dated 8/15/01 11:53:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> One VERY IMPORTANT thing I can tell you is to get up and out of bed and
> start walking the NEXT DAY!  Whether it hurts like heck or not, get the
> nurse or your hubbie to get you out of that bed and walk around...if you
> don't you are going to be dying with gas pains!!!!

This must be an individual thing, you know, a YMMV.  I was in bed in
Perinatial ICU for the first 24 hrs, don't even remember them, they kept me
there after my c-section because of trouble stablizing my low blood sugars.
I never had any trouble with gas.
I was still on MDI at the time.
I would say have a well thought out plan and make sure all your care givers
are aware of it and stick to it.  Keep in control of your blood sugar stuff
if you are physically able.....
Hope it goes well, went well, I'm reading this late and you've probably
already had your baby.

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000