[IP] UPDATE on Gross Replacement Pump Story...

Hi all:  I see many of you read the thread I started with my tale of the
replacement pump I received from Minimed.  I ended up sending it back
immediately and I am keeping my original.  It is hard to part with an old and
trusted friend, so unless I get problems later with it due to the drop it
took, we will hang onto it.

Now, just thought you should all know that someone from Minimed saw my posting
on this list  forwarded it to the Vice President of Minimed's
Customer/ClinicalRelations (more to the title but I can't remember.) She
called me this morning and was a VERY nice person who seemed truly distressed
with what happened.  She offered to have a better replacement sent out (I see
no real need now) and was very apologetic. They plan to get to the bottom of
how this happened and will be in touch.  I found her to be very kind and
sympathetic and I believe that this was an isolated incident.

Just shows you that the pump companies are reading our concerns and hopefully
all taking them seriously.  I still swear by the customer service at Minimed
and even after receiving that "new" pump I was not negative towards the
company. I now have the name of a top ranking member of Minimed and she has
assured me that I can call wih any concerns in the future and talk directly to

Thanks to all, and let's keep exchanging this good info and helpful advice.

(son 5, email @ redacted, pumping 11.5 months)