[IP] vacation-spare pump?

Hi I have a question we will be going on a cruise and I was wondering if I should get a spare pump to bring along just in case something would happen to my daughter's.  She hasn't had a problem yet with her pump but our luck something would happen on the cruise and we would be out of luck.  She has a Minimed 507c.

Also any other good advice on things I should bring.  Should I also have a letter from her Dr. saying that she  has type I diabetes and wears a pump.

Thanks  a lot!

Anne (mom to 15 year old pumper)