Re: [IP] Merck-Medco again

In a message dated 8/20/01 12:53:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> The ice pack was complete liquid and not even cool. The
> package itself was insulated and about room temperature to the touch. It was
> in the mid 80's here this weekend, but it was sent thru KY was I would guess
> the temps would be a little higher. So I now come to you guys, to get your
> opinions on what you would do. I have an almost full bottle at home so if
> need be I can/will have them send me more. What do you think?
> As a side note the last time I went thru this it took them 3 tries to get it
> right so I have 10 vials at home that they never sent for and that I will
> never use. Maybe if we keep at them they will figure it out that adding ice
> isn't such a bad idea.
> Jennifer Meyer & Cookie Monster - who doesn't want to have to go back to the
> pharmacy for Rx's if I can help it, but who also doesn't want to jeopardize
> my health
> email: email @ redacted
I have had this happen to me many times.  I would not keep the insulin.  I
was told that they ship insulin Mon to Thurs.  I finally solved my problem by
speaking with the "head pharmacist" at the location from where the insulin is
shipped.  Everyonelse I spoke to just gave me the run around.