Re: [IP] Quick-Set - Unreasonalble Response

----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 11:58 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Quick-Set - Unreasonalble Response

> Pat,
>
>   No offense to ANY of the pump companies but of course their natural
> response is going to be to replace everything.  Especially since in doing
> that you are generating more income for them.  The fact that there was air
in
> th canula after priming out air in the tubing is no different than the air
> left over after you pull out the inserter needle. And since you were
already
> high you need not worry ab out priming the canula as you are with getting
the
> much needed insulin back in your body instead of the air.  So boluseing at
> this stage is really all that needed to be done.  In bolusing you will
have
> filled the air space in the canula.
>
> Sylvia
> mom to Joshua
>
> sylvia,  The advice they give is not just to fill their pockets but is
sound medical advice. If she had disconnected  from the insertion site with
a minimed pump the minimed has a few inches of tubing not just a cannula to
be filled and had they said any number and somehow it added to bad
circumstance for the person involed, minimed could be sued. just as with the
woman who reuses her reservoir. The reservoir should be sterile and the
sterility is compromised by reuse. Though i understand because i used to use
disposeable syringes twice.
but i get my medications and supplies free from the VA, i'm a disabled
veteran because of diabetes.
bret & Trane
Trane comes from John Coltrane, saxophonist that makes kenny g a wimp.