Re: [IP] not a good day

In a message dated 8/20/2001 7:02:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I just started pumping on Friday. Sunday my sugars started to rise so I
> changed the site for the first time all went well until today. My site
> started to leak.Insulin was pooling up inside the tape.So I changed it
> again.
> It looked fine  and sugars were good until the afternoon when  my sugars
> started to go  to 250 again! Dr. said to bolus 1.5, it didn't seem to
> change
> so I did 1.5 more. Checked 2 hrs later and my sugar was down to 170. Am I
> doing something wrong ? Could I need my basal adjusted it is at ,9 now the
> Dr. didn't want to change it too fast but I'm frustrated. Any ideas???
> Could
> I bem doing something wrong when I change the site?
> Donna-pumping for 4 days

it takes time to get your basal and bolus dosages just right. You just have
to give it time. I went through the same thing when I first started. It
doesn't just happen overnight. I have learned alot by experimenting with the
pump and working closely with my diabetes nurse. The trouble with your
infusion sets may be that you are just nervous. It will get easier overtime.
I have been on my pump for a yr. and I still get tensed up when I change
them. I have been a diabetic that has taken shots for 21 yrs. You would think
I would be used to needles by now! Try and be patient it will get easier for
you. It is definatly worth it.
God Luck! Heather W