[IP] Re: Replacement pump (gross)

In a message dated 8/20/01 12:25:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 I on the other hand feel that if a company provides a backup 100% of the
 time they are wasting resources (either the product is not adequate for the
 job or they are providing unnecessary backups) and as the consumer I am the
 one who is paying for that waste. Of course that is only my opinion.

But if you don't have a back-up pump 100% of the time, how do you have the
pump when you need it????
I bought the H-tron pump for my young daughter, receiving 2 beautiful new
pumps, and will always have the back-up right there IF we ever need it.  Even
without the 2 pump system, I probably would have chosen the H-tron anyhow,
but it is a big bonus to have the second pump.   If your pump fails on a
Friday evening, it could take until Tuesday to receive your
replacement/loaner pump by courier--I checked into all of this before making
a final pump purchase decision.  That is a lot of shots every 4-5 hours
around the clock!
The actual manufacturing cost of the second pump is a very small percentage
of the price you pay overall.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7