Re: [IP] Merck-Medco again

In a message dated 8/20/01 9:43:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<<  It was sent out Saturday
 afternoon. Now I can't decide if I want to use the insulin or engage in
 battle with Merck. The ice pack was complete liquid and not even cool. The
 package itself was insulated and about room temperature to the touch. It was
 in the mid 80's here this weekend, but it was sent thru KY was I would guess
 the temps would be a little higher. So I now come to you guys, to get your
 opinions on what you would do. I have an almost full bottle at home so if
 need be I can/will have them send me more. What do you think? >>
    Jennifer the important thing is if you are happy. I deal with express
scrips for my insulin. I had an order for insulin sent out on Fri afternoon
and it was at my door Mon at noon. It was in next day post. It was in foam
with 4 ice packs. The insulin was cool to the touch at noon. The ice packs
were liquid not ice. I have gotten my insulin 10 to 15 years and have never
had a bad bottle. I have called many times and always ask for ice + DON'T
send it on Fri. Before the pump I took NPH + regular, if one was bad I would
have had some insulin in my system. On the pump I guess you must be more
careful. If I were you I would try one of the bottles they never picked up.
If it is bad you will know in 2-3 hours Just make sure you test a bunch. If
it's good use it if not dump it. As I have said I have been lucky and never
had a bad bottle of insulin. In the early day's my mother would take the
insulin out of the refrigerator at least 1 hour before use. It was then up
back in. All that cooling and warming must have been hard on insulin that was
not as refined as it is today. Roger C