[IP] Merck-Medco again

I just received my order of Humalog from Merck. I called them last Thursday
to place the order and to tell them to ship it on ice. The lady I spoke to
was said she would send an e-mail to their Ohio location as that is where
the refrigerated meds come from. She told me they would then call to let me
know when the shipment date would be, they didn't. She finished by saying
that I should receive the order in 5-7 business days, so I asked her if it
was supposed to be sent Next Day Air, which I knew it was. She said she
didn't know, and that she said 5-7 business days because that is how they
shipped. So when I received it today, I checked for ice as requested and it
was there, but the label from UPS said Next Day Air. How could I receive it
Next Day Air on Monday? I called Merck in Ohio and the person I spoke to
there said they sent it on Monday. Hello, they sent it on Monday and I
received it on Monday at 9:15 am. I tried to hold in my laughter, but didn't
do a very good job of it. The lady then said that they probably shipped it
yesterday and the shipment date just said today, because the don't have
normal mail pick up on weekends so the system defaults to Monday. Ok, I
could see I wasn't getting anywhere with her so I ended that call. I then
checked the UPS web-site with the tracking number. It was sent out Saturday
afternoon. Now I can't decide if I want to use the insulin or engage in
battle with Merck. The ice pack was complete liquid and not even cool. The
package itself was insulated and about room temperature to the touch. It was
in the mid 80's here this weekend, but it was sent thru KY was I would guess
the temps would be a little higher. So I now come to you guys, to get your
opinions on what you would do. I have an almost full bottle at home so if
need be I can/will have them send me more. What do you think?

As a side note the last time I went thru this it took them 3 tries to get it
right so I have 10 vials at home that they never sent for and that I will
never use. Maybe if we keep at them they will figure it out that adding ice
isn't such a bad idea.

Jennifer Meyer & Cookie Monster - who doesn't want to have to go back to the
pharmacy for Rx's if I can help it, but who also doesn't want to jeopardize
my health
email: email @ redacted