RE: [IP] Quick-Set - Unreasonalble Response

Patrick G. Jobe [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> point my BG was so high that I was going to have to make additional
> corrections latter on anyway so it really did not matter very
> much. But the
> experience was very frustrating. For some reason MM is really
> hung-up on
> this issue.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a liability issue.  If they *don't* tell you
to replace the entire set and you go dangerously high, develop DKA, etc.,
then they leave themselves open to suit.  The safest, most conservative
procedure would be to change the set since neither you nor they know exactly
how much to prime without knowing exactly how big the bubble is, etc.  The
cost of tubing is trivial compared to the cost of hospitalization.

OTOH, it would be useful to know how many units per inch the tubing holds .
. .

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR