Re: [IP] Re:My first 24 hours on the pump!

In a message dated 8/18/2001 9:01:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Hi All,
> I just started theMM508 yesterday! So far so good. I was trained by 2 very
> informative reps from mimimed who also wear the pump. My Dr called me twice
> last night and at 8 am this morning. I guess his protocall was to start on
> saline but  I felt strongly that I wanted to start on insulin right away,as
> am a teacher and returning to school soon. I wanted a little time to be
> self-absorbed! I am a little scared to change the set on my own on Sunday.
> also want to put the clear plastic"Thing" back on the inside of the pump.
> They changed it in case I need to take a larger amount of insulin.I find it
> is sticking into me when I sit down. Does anyone know what I am talking
> about?? Right now I am at a basal rate of .9 and a 1-10 rate for carb to
> bolus. If there is anyone who can help me (explain) how to get the plastic
> back inside the pump please email me!
>                       thanks-
>                               Donna

Hi I know exactly what you are talking about. I have been on the pump for a
year now. I was so scared my first time on the pump too. I ran saline the
first couple of days to get the hang of it. I don't have the plastic thing in
mine because I like the reservoir to hold more insulin so I don't have to
change my infusion sets as much. Mine pokes me also when I try and wear the
pump different places depending what I am wearing that day. I am not sure how
it fits back in but I thought it just snapped back into place. Hope you get
the answer you are looking for.