[IP] How Do You Clean Your Pump?

Hi, i have the MM508 and i clean the resevoir area out with just a dry cloth.
Is there something else I should be using? I read you can't get that area
wet? Also I have the case that i do wipe down with some soap and water, since
its leather can you use or should you use a leather cleaner? Just need tips
on keeping it all clean. thanks Eileen. also on the back of my pump, where
clip is, underneath where it says 1.5 volts and some numbers, that area in
one spot is like tacky or sticky, and no matter what i do it stays that way.
type 1 33 years, pumping 5 months