Re: [IP] Batteries in the Refrigerator

> > - An entire door shelf in the refrigerator for insulin, insulin pen and
> > spare batteries.
> >
>Do  you find your batteries last longer this way?  I remember when I was a
>child, my mother used to put batteries in the refrigerator  :O)

I am sure that batteries have a longer shelf-life if stored cool rather
than at room temperature - All the battery companies have lots of data to
quantify this. However, I am also sure that the effect is so small I will
never see it. What is more important is to keep them dry and out of
electrical contact. Therefore what I do is cut the package from MiniMed
into strips of 3 batteries each and put each of these strips into an old BG
Test Strip bottle (with desicant in the cap). The bottle is dated and goes
into the refrigirator until needed.