[IP] Re: Frustrated with being diabetic

Clara - I think most of us have days where we are frustrated or hate being
diabetic.  I went thru it a few weeks ago and now I'm just frustrated with my
life in general so diabetes is on the back burner.  Maybe you just need a
break from the pump?  A brief period with shots may help.
You mentioned a middle age rebellion with diabetes - I started menopause
right after I turned 40.  I was having migraine headaches all the time and
feeling very irritable.  Sometimes I would feel hot and sweaty which I
thought was low blood sugar even when my meter said otherwise.  I didn't
occur to me that it was hot flashes because of my age but later I read about
a study where they said Type 1 diabetics started menopause 9 years earlier
than their non-diabetic sisters.  What a surprise.  My blood sugar seemed
better after I went on estrogen but then I was not following it so closely
and basically everything seemed better after that.

As far as intimate activities, I used to disconnect but was afraid I would
fall asleep afterwards.  I wear it strapped to my waist at night and that's
where it stays during intimacy and mostly it is not in the way.

Age 43, Type 1 almost 28 years, pump for 2 years