Re: [IP] Paradigm infusion sets

>The last thing I read (in the transcripts of a Minimed Chat on IP), you will
>be able to use any of the current infusion sets (with the std. leur lock
>connection) on the paradigm pump, BUT the pump will not be waterproof if you
>use those sets.  They will be making (I'm pretty sure) three different types
>of proprietary sets (equivalent to the softset, the quikset, and the
>silhouette -- with similar tubing length and cannula length options) that
>will ONLY work on the Paradigm and are required in order for the pump to be
>waterproof . . .

This comment (you can use standard leur lock but it will not be waterproof)
has been repeated many times but I do not believe it is correct.

Below is an exchange of notes I had with Ray Hoese and Mark Estes (the
managers at MiniMed responsible for the new Paradigm pump) in early June.
These are people who should know the facts and their statement is very
clear - The Paradigm will not be able to use standard connectors.

Note: I reparagraphed by original note because Mark Estes replied in-line
using colored text. Without the reparagraphing it may not have been clear
what part was my question and what has his answer.

To: "'email @ redacted'" <email @ redacted> Cc: Mark Estes
<email @ redacted> Subject: FW: Paradigm Features
Patrick, I had Mark Estes (product manager who was also on that chat) reply
to your email within the body of the text below. Bottom line is that we'll
have Quick Sets, Sof Sets and Silhouettes for the Paradigm at the same
price -- however you can't use these Paradigm sets with our other pumps.
BUT we will still sell those same infusion sets for use with our other
pumps -- because about 145,000 people will still be using our other pumps!
The cost will be the same -- example: a Paradigm Quick Set will cost the
same as a 508 Quickset.

Read Mark's additional comments below and email Mark directly if you need
more clarification. Thanks -Ray