Cherry Dumas <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I had an experience with Salt Lake City's airport. The security saw the pump
> and told me to remove it. I spent about 15 min. trying to get it thru his
> thick head that it was attached to me. Finally they used the wand after I told
> him to get his supervisor. Of course, this was about 5 years ago, so things
> might be more improved than what they were then! :)

I think they are.  Most of the time my pump is not even noticed.  When it is, I tell them it's an insulin pump and they wave me through.  One time, the sentry (is that what one calls them?) looked carefully at my pump and asked me if it was an insulin pump.  When I said yes, she waved me on.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of my wife who runs this house and makes more important decisions than I do.