[IP] Question about Low Blood Sugar

I was diagnosed with diabetes over three years ago, after I lost 40
pounds and experienced many of the symptoms listed on the risk test.  I
am concerned that my mother may have diabetes also.  Today, she tested
her blood sugar and was experiencing a low blood sugars  (61).   Is it
normal for someone's level to drop and not have diabetes.  She has not
experienced the symptoms that I had, such as the weight loss, extreme
thirst, etc...