re:[IP] Comparison of 508, D-Tron, Animas

Just a quick clarification on one of your Animas dislikes, Static Electricity
is not an issue. After reading many, many posts about this problem with
Mini-med (and before I got my Animas pump), I asked my local Animas rep. about
it. She explained that the motor in the Animas is completely different and,
therefore, not susceptible to the static discharge problem. I really don't
understand the specific engineering reasons, just that it shouldn't be (and
hasn't been for me) a problem.
Heather dx'd 9/90
w/Righteous Babe since 4/01.