Re: [IP] coffee

>For all the people wondering if their coffee is making their BS go up during
>the morning hours, why not just go without coffee for one or two days
>(obviously not two days in a row) and check your numbers real often during
>that time and see if they still rise?

Shortly after starting the pump, I checked this out.  To this day i
do not know if my requirement for .5 u per two large cups is due
(consistent for all 24 hours) is due to the stimulating effect of the
caffine or the milk - I suspect the milk.

This "coffee" topic has been discussed freq in misc.health.diabetes
which I've followed since 1994.  The conclusion:  YMMV.
Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Nine months pumping thanks to the support of wonderful internet
friends & the http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ mailing list.  Please
donate NOW!

Insulin infusion pump as given me better control than I had achieved
in 27 years of MDI!  To date:  50% improvement in average bg's &
fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  1st & 2nd post-pump HeA1c = 5.1 &  7.0  (N = 4.3 - 5.8).