[IP] Comparison of 508, D-Tron, Animas

As a soon-to-be pumper, I recently tried the three major offerings for several days.  Here are my (very subjective) comments.

Disetronic D-Tron:
Likes:    waterproof
             respnsive sales staff
             temporary basal rate change in percentages
             pre-filled cartridges
             data downloading option
Dislikes:    somewhat large and heavier than others
                user interface is somewhat clumsy

MiniMed 508
Likes:    small size, light weight
             large US user community
             most docs *ONLY* know about MiniMed
             very reliable motor
            remote control for bolus
Dislikes:    warnings about static electricity being a common problem
                 misleading information from MiniMed about the advantages of their delivery system (there are none)
                misleading information from MiniMed about the safety record of competitors
                 initial difficults obtaining a saline trial unit (they insisted I buy it first, then return it if I didn't like it)
                overall smug attitude of all MiniMed sales personnel I dealt with
                temporary basal rate change only to explicit dosages (not percentages)
                not waterproof
                data download only available to docs, at extra cost.
                somewhat clumsy user interface

Animas
Likes:    small size, light weight
            pretty good user interface (best of the three)
            waterproof
             respnsive sales staff
             temporary basal rate change in percentages
             data downloading option soon (offered to me now)
            easier reservoir loading than the MiniMed
            error messages in text, not a number that has to be looked up
Dislikes:
            may be some problems with static discharge (I haven't heard of any problems)
            small, new company
            data download capability not yet standard

I'm posting this not to bash or promote any of the three, but just to share my experiences.  Your mileage may differ.

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of paTinker.vcf]