RE: [IP] coffee

Many of us have written about the need to bolus for
coffee.  I read an article a long time ago that said
MORNING coffee has a higher glycemic index than coffee
at other times of the day!
Look at the archives, you will find lots of postings
about people bolusing 1 or more units to cover this.
Some of us say it is just the act of waking up, not
even the coffee.  It is not dawn phenomenon, because
it happens when I wake up, regardless of what time it
is.  Whichever it is, hormones released when waking or
glycemic effects of coffee, the answer seems to be to
bolus or use a temp basal for it.  YMMV.

Do You Yahoo!?