Re: [IP] merck medco ice????

In a message dated 8/14/01 12:52:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I live in LOUISIANA and I still can't convince Merck to ship my insulin
> on ice!!!  I was told by a rep that insulin is "tougher than we think it
> is" and will last in the heat as long as it is long term.  Maybe this
> rep's "theory", combined with my ignorance/trust, has been the cause of
> my elevated blood sugars of late.
> I sure am glad I got on this list.

Call the "head pharmacist" at the location from which your insulin was sent.
This was the only way I was able to solve my shipping problems.  Tell him of
your problems and that according to Lilly, most of their insulin is sent in
refrigerated trucks and when that is not possible, it is sent packed in ice
and sent ups next day delivery and it must be received within 24hrs and
signed for or it is sent back.  I believe he will see things your way.