[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: [IP] 504 plans


  Most "public" schools actually should have a 504 coordinator there at the 
school.  Each district has one that coordinates all the coordinators.  
Anyway, just talk to the school RN and he/she can get you started from there. 
 It is an absolute MUST that a DMer be given an opportunity to eat a snack or 
drink or use the bathroom or whatever else is required during any type of 
testing situation.,  Also try checking at your local ADA offices to see if 
there are state regs where you live that deal with DM kids in school.  Here 
in WA state there was regs passed last year (00) that deal specifically with 
DM kids in public schools.

Good luck!  Also: www.dredf.org/section504.html

mom to Joshua
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml