[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #362 Proliferative Diabvetic Retinopathy

Donna, I have been Type 1 for 30 years.  I too have had the diagnosis of
diabetic retinopathy, and have had all the laser surgeries I can have.  Keep
the faith.  This was pre-pump.  Since going on the pump, I have not had 1
hemorrhage, and I just went for my annual exam, and my ophthalmologist says
my retinas look awesome.  In fact, unless I have problems, he does not need
to see me for another year.  I told him it was the pump doing it by allowing
me to greatly improve my control.  I have now been on the pump for 6 years.
Hope this helps you feel better.  :-)