Re: [IP] that morning coffee will do it..

>but i didn't realize that the litlle bit of 1% milk in each cup of
>coffee add up to some big numbers. Just thought I would share, just
>because my sugars are down obviously my brain hasn't started to
>function yet!!  :~)

Amazing, eh?

Many report that coffee has no effect on their bg's.  Many report
that caffeine causes the bg's to go up and must bolus for such, often
to a great extent.  Many, like me, find that the caffeine has no
effect but the bit of skim or 1% milk in the coffee does.  In my case
I bolus .5 u for every two cups of coffee with skim milk.

YMMV but as always it seems once again that *everything* affects the
bg's.  It is interesting for me to note that the effect of coffee was
not measurable on MDI but pump control is so much more precise that
smaller things can be measured and accounted for!  Yeah!

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Nine months pumping thanks to the support of wonderful internet
friends & the http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ mailing list.  Please
donate NOW!

Insulin infusion pump as given me better control than I had achieved
in 27 years of MDI!  To date:  50% improvement in average bg's &
fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  1st & 2nd post-pump HeA1c = 5.1 &  7.0  (N = 4.3 - 5.8).