[IP] Re: Weight loss non-diabetics do

Does anybody notice the labels of weight loss drugs like metobolite,
slim-fast, even really low carb diets like T-zone? They usually list
diabetics, Heart patients, asthmatics, etc. as the ones that shouldn't use
these products? Does anybody know why diabetics shouldn't use them? Is it
because too much stress on the kidneys, heart?  Just wondering!

I noticed a while back that the TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) program is
recognized by the American Diabetes Assoc., Has anybody went this route? I
think in order to go with weight watchers, you have to have your doctor's
permission. I know many people (all non-diabetics) that have been successful
with weight watchers. With WW they are watching calorie intake, drinking
water (8 glasses or more a day) plus exercising. That seems the way to fit
the bill in any diet plan. Thanks, Sharon