[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #360

In a message dated 8/16/01 6:10:29 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< What is Thoracic Outlet Syndrome?
Thoracic outlet syndrome is a combination
of pain, numbness, tingling, weakness, or coldness
in the upper
extremity caused by pressure on the nerves and/or
blood vessels
in the thoracic outlet.

When I believe that I had frozen shoulder, I was
told that it was rotator cuff, like baseball
pitchers.  I was using too high of a weight on my
shoulder exercises.  The symptoms are very similar.
I don't think TOS sounds like my understanding of
frozen shoulder, or what I had.  I do think that a
lot of things like this are more likely for dm'ers
and frozen should could cover a multitude of
afflictions.  >>

usually neuromuscular symptoms and syndromes overlap....
again, i highly recommend a skilled therapeutic massage therapist for anyone
experiencing any of these symptoms (it is not necessarily "diabetic
neuropathy" and can be remedied....)
ALSO, there is new research data from university of miami supporting the
positive effect of therapeutic massage on stress-related disorders,
specifically blood sugar levels in teenagers! ,  also anorexics/bulimics, and
increased t-cell (immune response) in hiv.....
elizabeth,  NYS licensed and nationally certified LMT,  diabetic for 20 years